Last Updated February 8, 2021
Welcome to the website (the “Site”) of Carpenter Technology Corporation (“Carpenter,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). Carpenter is a global leader in high-performance specialty alloy-based materials and process solutions for critical applications in the aerospace, transportation, defense, energy, industrial, medical, and consumer electronics markets.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you (“Personal Information”) as follows:
Personal Information You Provide Through Our Site: We collect the following categories of Personal Information from you when you use our Site:
• Identification Information: When you complete a web form to give Personal Information to us directly (such as on our “Contact Us” page), contact us with inquiries, register for a webinar or other event, we typically collect your name, email address, postal address, business name, phone number and information about the market(s) in which you work. If you elect to subscribe to our newsletter, we will collect the email address that you provide.
• Communication Information: We may collect information when you contact us with questions or concerns, including any information you choose to include in the body of your message to us, and when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback. Providing communication information is optional to you.
• Credit Application Information: If you elect to submit a credit application through the Site, we will collect information about you, including Identification Information, and your company that is needed to process your application, such as business contact details and accounts payable contact information.
Social Media Information: We have pages on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Internet Activity Information: When you visit, use, and interact with the Site, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Site, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Site (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
● Log Information: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log Information includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
● Device Information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
● Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Site, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
● Location Information: We derive a rough estimate of your location from your IP address.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off.
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
• To respond to your inquiries or questions concerning our activities;
• To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
• To analyze how you interact with our Site, and maintain and improve the Site, develop new products and services and optimize our marketing efforts;
• To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Site, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks; and
• To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
Marketing. We may use your Personal Information to contact you to tell you about products, services or content we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
3. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In certain circumstances we may share the categories of Personal Information described above without further notice to you, unless required by the law, with the following categories of third parties:
• Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Information with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, customer relationship management, and analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store Personal Information in the course of performing their duties to us.
• Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, dissolution, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Personal Information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of or following that Transaction along with other assets.
• Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
4. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Where provided for by law and subject to any applicable exceptions, California residents may have the right:
• To know the categories of Personal Information that Carpenter has collected about you, the business purpose for collecting your Personal Information, and the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
• To access the specific pieces of Personal Information that Carpenter has collected about you;
• To know whether Carpenter has disclosed your Personal Information for business purposes, the categories of Personal Information so disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information;
• To have Carpenter, under certain circumstances, delete your Personal Information;
• To request businesses that sell Personal Information to stop doing so – Carpenter, however, does not sell Personal Information; and
• To be free from discrimination related to the exercise of these rights.
If you would like to exercise any or all of these rights, you may do so by calling 800-654-6543 or contacting us. After we receive your request, we may request additional information from you to verify your identity. Your authorized agent may submit requests in the same manner, although we may require the agent to present signed written permission to act on your behalf, and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us and confirm that you have provided the agent permission to submit the request.
Our Site is not directed to children who are under the age of 16. Carpenter does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Information to Carpenter through the Site please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the Site at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Site or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to Carpenter via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site, or third party websites.
8. INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Site is not intended for use outside the United States. By using our Site, you understand and acknowledge that your Personal Information will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States, where data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
9. YOUR CHOICES
In certain circumstances providing Personal Information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Information that is needed to use some features of the Site, you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us to request updates or corrections to your Personal Information.
11. CONTACT US